Tuesday 14 December 2010

Game No.2

Oh, Santa’s Reindeer, I’ve been a naughty girl again, not naughty enough to be shunned by Mr Santa Father Christmas….I hope, but just enough for my posts to be lacking in the blog department.


Many weeks ago now, I started to show the games that the Tickety boo family will be playing and much ENJOYING over the three days of Christmas. I stress on the enjoying bit, as I say this with gritted and steely teeth- they WILL have fun and they WILL endure…. I mean enjoy my games!
If I recall correctly, I said that I would post about each game in the up and coming weeks to Christmas. Well, that was now three weeks ago and so far I’ve only post about one. And as you all know, it’s now 2 weeks to the merry day. What am I going to do about it? I’ll tell you what I am going to do about it…. I’m gonna post one each day from TODAY *gulp!*  I can’t believe I’ve just said that, as I obviously can’t keep to my word- oh well I’ve gone and said it, So here goes…
Miss Tuppys second game of much amusement (sounds grand doesn’t it!)

Obsevation Competition No. 2. c.1940’s
From the Easy Chair series. The box states…
‘Contents provide for up to twelve players and occupies 20-30 minutes. Serves as a pleasant interlude between action games’
To be honest I’m lucky to have my family, as I would struggle to find the ‘up to twelve players’, but I am quite sure it will play as a pleasant interlude between our action games!

How to play... as quoted on the leaflet, you participate like so….
‘ you are invited to write down on the page opposite the picture overleaf the names of as many objects as you can see commencing with the letter P’


Simple enough me thinks for the weary, Christmas turkey, pud and trifle stuffed Tickety family, but maybe a little too much for Miss Sofia Crawley (lovely name!) who gave some very cute answers! I especially like No. 42- the Wood softener- where on earth she got that answer from, I don’t know! All I can say is that her pappy must have been using it at the time…..

Haven’t quite decided on my next show and tell yet, so you will just have to stay tuned!

Tickety Boo x

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I do love a good vintage game. A valid excuse for some heated debating with the family! I bought myself a board game just the other day, a 1930's repro, I shall share when it's arrived, I think it would be right up your street!
    I just saw your comment on my blog - No enthusiasm to knit? Golly gosh woman, you are in a pickle! What can we do to help? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh don't worry about me- it's just this time of year- I'll snap out of it soon! Tups x

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...